The generosity of the Assets community contributes directly to the success of our students. Parents, grandparents, alumni, businesses, foundations and friends all help support our programs, ensuring that we continue to transform lives! Like most independent schools, tuition covers only a percentage of the cost of an Assets education. Unlike most schools, Assets is not a school of choice, but a school of necessity. For those that are dyslexic and/or gifted, the challenge of acquiring an appropriate education is enormous. There are very few options available to the students served at Assets, which makes what we do essential to the development and success of our very unique population. Assets School’s Federal Tax Id is 99-6001152.
Your contributions can support Assets in the following ways:
The Annual Fund gives you the opportunity to designate your support to a particular program or area of interest:
- Unrestricted – Assets uses these gifts to help fund immediate needs across the School’s spectrum of programs. These donations provide vital support where the need is greatest and go directly to the heart of the School’s mission.
- Tuition Assistance – We strive to make Assets’ unique education available to all students regardless of their families’ ability to pay. Supported by donations, Assets is committed to directing at least 10% of all income budgeted for the year towards tuition aid.
- Brace Library – The challenge of getting children excited about reading is no easy task, but it does make it easier when the latest books by the most popular authors are stocked on the shelves.
- Capital Improvements – Starting with 24 students, Assets has grown tremendously serving over 340 students. Like our students, our campus continues to grow and evolve.
- Teacher Training – As an innovator in education, Assets is committed to fulfilling the academic needs of students with learning differences. Through our professional development program, Assets not only focuses on the education of our staff, we reach out to the wider community providing training to professionals in the community and abroad.
- Technology Support – The world of technology is changing daily and Assets strives to provide our students with the best education opportunities available. Your dollars are used to purchase new computers and education tools.
- Dorothy Douthit Endowment Fund – This fund recognizes Dorothy Douthit’s leadership and dedicated service to the Hawaii educational community and honors her 33 years as head of the Academy of the Pacific. This endowment provides tuition assistance to students who are best served in a non-traditional environment.
Join the Honu Society
Assets’ major giving society was established in 2003 to encourage and recognize annual philanthropic support of the School. The image of the honu was chosen because the green sea turtle symbolizes the educational challenge facing our students. As adults, the honu display grace and elegance in the waters just off our shores, but when freshly hatched, they struggle with each step across the sand in their quest to reach the sea. The Honu Society is a tribute to our students who often struggle during their educational journey yet manage to persevere until they find their place in society where they can flourish. The giving levels are as follows:
|‘Ohia||$1,000 – $2,499|
|Maile||$2,500 – $4,999|
|Koa||$5,000 – $9,999|
|‘Iliahi||$10,000 – $19,999|
For a listing of our generous 2014-2015 supporters click here.
Additional Giving Vehicles
- Planned Giving – This is an easy way for donors to make a significant gift to the school. One of the simplest ways to accomplish this is by remembering Assets in your will or trust. In addition, there are many other ways to make a planned gift, often with tax benefits. For more information download our brochure or contact the Development Office at email@example.com. Assets School is one of 100 nonprofits participating in the Hawai‘i Legacy Giving campaign.
- Stock Gifts – Donating appreciated stock is an excellent way to help Assets and save on taxes. You not only take an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the gift, but you also avoid capital gains tax on the stock’s increase value.
- Auto Donations – Donating a car through Kokua in Kind is another great way to support Assets. It is an easy process that results in a tax deduction for you and more funds for the School’s mission. Click here to begin the donation process.
- Matching Gifts – Many companies sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. All you need to do is include your company’s matching gift form with your donation.
- Endowed Funds – Imagine a gift that keeps on giving! Generous donors can create endowed funds to provide support for a specific school program in perpetuity. The School invests the principal and the income is used to provide the support.
Assets School participates in the following giving programs:
Assets receives funding through both AUW and CFC annual campaigns. To designate your gift to Assets please use our AUW code 96070 and our CFC code 65929. You can download and print the AUW pledge form at http://auw.org/donor-choice.
Assets receives money through Foodland’s Give Aloha matching gift program each September. Save your receipts for your records and please be sure to let us know about your gift as Foodland does not release donor names. Assets code is 77015.
Assets receives .5% of qualified purchases made on Amazon through AmazonSmile. Support Assets by registering your Amazon account at www.smile.amazon.com. Assets is registered under Armed Services Special Education and Training Society.
Assets receives a percentage of every qualified purchase made at eScrip businesses (Safeway, Macy’s and OfficeMax). Simply log onto www.escrip.com, select Assets as your charity (ID#141774226) and register. If already a member, renew your commitment before November 1st for uninterrupted contributions.
Assets Parents `Ohana (APO) participates in the Box Tops for Education Program. Clip and save those pink Box Tops to turn them into cash for Assets. Collection boxes are available in the office. There is also an eBox Tops Program for online shopping. See http://www.boxtops4education.com for a listing of participating merchants.
Assets School receives money through iGive. Every time you shop at any of the 1,700+ online stores in the iGive network, a portion of the money you spend benefits Assets School. It’s a free service, and you’ll never pay more when you reach a store through iGive. In fact, smart shoppers will enjoy iGive’s repository of coupons, free shipping deals, and sales. To get started, just create your free iGive account.
Start iGiving at: www.iGive.com/AssetsSchool808